I’m also learning to ask these questions about candidates for elected office — and this will apply far beyond this election cycle. I will ask:
- Which of all these candidates has demonstrated both Liber and Public Virtue?
- Which one has read, lived and studied history and causality?
- Which one consistently compares issues to the Founders’ yardstick?
- Which, through his or her actions, has demonstrated his or her self-view as a servant of the public, not a master of such?
- Which one has made the sometimes hard and unpopular choices to defend liberty and national sovereignty?